Sunday, May 5, 2019

Thinking of You for SUNDAY STAMPS

Hello and glad you stopped by. This card is for the new sketch challenge at SUNDAY STAMPS. This fun sketch is by our own Lisa! Take a look at the sketch below and let your creativity flow!



I made a couple  of cards for the sketch. One was layered and the other a single layer card. I went  with the single layer. I really appreciate beautiful single layer cards. There are a lot of wonderful card makers on Instagram who color and watercolor one layer with so much dimension. I on the other hand am still practicing ;). So I stamped my image using Sheltering Tree and was happy with it but, it was missing something. So I decided to use an embossing folder to add dimension. I love the SU! Subtle folder but I have been using it a lot lately but still needed some texture. Then I thought go BIG with the texture! So I decided on Tin Tile. I really like how it turned out...my card is below. ..


I do really like the bold texture and simple image together. I think I'll play around with my other folders and see what other combos will work together. So whether you interpret the sketch with layers or keep it more simple with a single layer card I am looking forward to seeing you in the gallery. Also, checkout the other SUNDAY STAMPS DT ladies and their creations. Have a great day and see you soon...

Melissa


2 comments:

  1. The embossing folder is so lovely on your tree card
    I adore thecolor of the tree and you used the sketch cleverly Melissa..
    great DT card as always
    see you on my DT card sweety
    hugs from Teamie
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely! I adore embossed backgrounds! The Spring tree is so pretty! I need to get this stamp set our and use it! Thanks for the inspiration! XX

    ReplyDelete