Saturday, November 18, 2023

Joy for FMS

 Hello! This post and card is for the new sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches. It's a fun double panel sketch that you can interpret in many ways. See the inspiration sketch below...


And here is my card...



Everything I used on this card are from older sets with the exception of the JOY sentiment. I wanted to keep the background white and let the ornaments standout but, I also wanted some dimension to the base. I embossed the 2nd layer with a pine bough folder then, placed pine pcs and did not glue them down flat to make the ornaments seem like they are nestled in among the branches.



I chose traditional red and a brighter more modern green for the ornaments. Little gold bows and "strings" attach them to the tree!

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look. Have a wonderful weekend, bye for now...

Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Your bright flowers are beautiful against your background! Lovely card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those beautiful ornaments and the way you entwined them with the pine boughs! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete