Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Happy Birthday To You!

 Birthday cards are my number one requested occasion card I get asked to make and it's also my own personal most used sentiment and I NEVER seem to have enough Lol! So a lot of times, I'm changing sentiment's on cards I already have in my stash...can anyone relate?? So, with that being said, a Birthday card is what I made for the new sketch challenge over at the Try a Sketch On Tuesday challenge blog. Take a look at the sketch below...



And here is my card...





I opted for two bold B&W papers instead of the diagonal striping. Then added the beautiful two-tone poppy flowers to stand off that neutral base. I also used the stripped DSP for the centers of the poppies(did you catch that) ;) to add a bit of whimsy. I made this card late and didn't feel like heat embossing the sentiment on black even though I KNEW it would finish the card perfectly. So, out came the heat embossing things! A few coordinating sequins and I have another one for the stash!



Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. I hope you feel inspired to join in with us and for more inspiration, head over to the other DT blogs and see how they used the sketch...see you soon...

Melissa




4 comments:

  1. Love the complementary patterned papers used in your background and the pop of the poppies... beautiful card. Yes, I did notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Melissa, that peach color against the grey is just beautiful!
    -- Dalis
    https://instagram.com/stamprgrl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty flowers - thanks for the reminder to pull out that set of dies again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your choice to use dsp papers instead of the stripes. Makes the peach blossoms stand out. Awesome job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete