Sunday, March 10, 2024

Happy Birthday!

 Recently, I've been collecting Vintage Empherea images from different companies and had an idea to use some for the new sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches. So let's jump right in and checkout the sketch below...



I even made the card square like the inspirational image ;)



Not sure what draws me to a Vintage look... I think it's the cozy, hominess to it. Love the colors, the chippy/weathered look. My favorites are the Floral/Fauna/Birds & Butterflies. So I incorporated those into my card. I'm really not a "bow" person, but I like how the black in the micro gingham balance the heat embossed HB sentiment. 


I split the image in two sections and adhered that to a pretty weathered slatted wood DSP. I added paper greenery that I die cut in Ivory & Crumb Cake so it looked more like dry flowers. Bumped up the butterflies, added the bow and a few gold dics and this card is ready for my stash..

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. It was definitely a different, fun sketch! See you next time...


Melissa

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely! What a pretty collection of images. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the combination of all your pretty elements. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete