Saturday, November 23, 2019

Christmas Wishes

Hello and welcome to my blog. This posting is for the new Freshly Made Sketches challenge #412. When I saw the sketch, I knew it was perfect for my new Toile Christmas set I just picked up. I thought the Cardinal image would make a great focal. I ended up making 2 cards. I made one card with lots of red and a DSP frame. Then I thought of another look using an old background favorite of mine I haven't used for a while. Both are below but I decided on the one with the black background for my entry.

The sketch is by Jen B:




I have said this in past posts, I am not really a color-er, I wish I was. I need to practice more but, that's why I really like this set you can do either and it still looks good. I did try coloring a cardinal and well, I'll just stick with this look!

Card #1





Card #2




This is a great set and I love the image of the Cardinal. The matching DSP is equally lovely. I'll  be posting my Christmas cards to Family & Friends when I finish coming up with a design. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Melissa


3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful set of cards! I just love that cardinal! They are such a gorgeous bird! Perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful! I love that gorgeous cardinal. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are fantastic. I love sets that don't have to be colored and this is perfect just like it is! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete