Sunday, June 25, 2023

HEY for SUNDAY STAMPS

 Hello again and welcome. It's time again for a new challenge over on the SUNDAY STAMPS blog and this time it's a slimline sketch challenge by Stef! Check out the sketch below...



See my card below...


I am loving this Octopus from the Spellbinders June kit! I started out color blending a light blue and darker blue on watercolor paper. Then I squirted water on the inks and removed some of the color leaving a mottled water look. Then I cut out all the various pieces I wanted to use to make my under the sea scene. Then I adhered lots of light Aqua and Clear sequins to create movement like bubbles under water.


Thanks for stopping by to take a look at the new sketch challenge and hopefully we will see you in the SSC gallery!  

Bye for now,
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. I am loving that octopus too...and just when I stopped my monthly kits....urgggg!! I love the seascape you created!! As always, you offer great inspiration to those who decide to play along with us over at Sunday Stamps. Your under water scene works perfectly for our new "Going Slim" sketch challenge. #SOS312

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, Melissa, this is GLORIOUS! Love your sponged water, first off, with the little plants and jellies - perfect fun colors! That multi-colored octo steals the show, though - just wonderful! This is a really genius scene on a slimline!

    ReplyDelete