Sunday, October 29, 2023

Fall Thoughtfullness

 Hello and welcome! Today is the last Sunday of October and it's time for a new challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Take a look at the beautiful color inspiration below...




And here is my card...




I heat embossed the this pretty pumpkin scene from Spellbinders in metallic gold. Then water colored in the colors from the image. I then die cut the leaves in the same colors and sponged them in darker colors for a little aging affect, then I splattered the leaves in gold metallic paint. I placed everything on a brown craftpaper base, placed a few gold metallic discs and splattered the whole card front in white. I then placed the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment on the front so it is clearly seen. I really had a time trying to get a good picture of this card. From the gold heat embossing to the splattering, I feel the pictures don't capture the aged feel of the card. I added a short video on my IG account to try to capture the look a little better. 


Here is a closer detailed look. Even after lightening the photo and editing, the craftpaper still looks dingy to me :0 

But anyway...thanks for stopping by to have a look and please be sure to check out the other beautiful examples the other ladies created on the SS blog. See you in the gallery...

Melissa

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is a beautiful card! Love all the details- the gold, water coloring, distressing and white paint flecking!! So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wow, Melissa - this is a stunner! Love the color wash look with the gold emboss, and so much glorious speckle - yum! This is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photos never capture the true look of a card, IMHO! Your card is stunning and I truly love the artsy and distressed look with all the splatters along with the kraft background! Fabulous card, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the distressing and splattering on your card - so fun!

    ReplyDelete