Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Guest Designer

 Hello and welcome! I am very excited about this post because I am a guest designer as one of the chosen cards from the 600th sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches! Thank you Ladies! See the really fun sketch below...



And here is my interpretation...



What a really fun sketch to work with. I haven't really made any Fall/Thanksgiving cards so, when I saw the banner, I had an idea of the direction I wanted to go! This Fall Leaves set is an older set from Stampin Up but it's still a favorite of mine. I cut out the various leaves in fall colors, aged them by sponging them with fall colored inks. Then I splattered the leaves with gold paint to add texture. I placed the leaves on a "wood beam" and added a Thanksgiving sentiment along with a few champagne rhinestones. 


 Thanks for stopping by and having a look. Please stop by and see the other DT creations and hope to see you in the gallery for challenge FMS#608!

Melissa

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on guest designing this week, Melissa! This design is just gorgeous. Your leaves look real and I love the wood grain texture background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun take on the sketch--I love leaves and would have done the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just gorgeous Melissa! I love those leaves! The colours and texture make them look so realistic! The perfect fall card! Thanks for joining us as a guest designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the direction I was thinking of, too, when I saw this sketch. I love your example!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your leaves are gorgeous! Love the colors and all of the texture! Thanks for being our guest this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! The colours of your leaves are so gorgeous. Thanks for guesting with us this week.

    ReplyDelete