Monday, January 1, 2024

For the "New" TSOT

 Welcome! This card is for the "updated" blog of Try Stampin on Tuesday which is now Try a Sketch on Tuesday! We have new Administrators, Melanie Richards and Suzanne Reynolds and I am looking forward to creating with them and help the blog to grow in participation! The sketch is below and for this challenge, we will join out sister blog, Double Trouble for our "option" for this inaugural challenge! check out the inspiration below...











And here is my card...



The optional theme is "Introvert" or "Extrovert". I never really thought which one I fall under but, I am a homebody so I might just fall under "Introvert"...? 😆 so that's what I made as my optional choice! I selected a soft pretty DSP for the background/base of this A2 card. I die cut four smaller stitched squares to piece together and make the center square diamond. I chose Black & White CS which pops against the pastel background base. I then cut out the SENDING sentiment and backed that with a white one to add some dimension. After adhering that I felt it needed something else so I added the stitched flowers and that fills in nicely. My #1 card I send or sell is Birthday so I added the belated sentiment so I can add this card to my stash. 



Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. I hope to see you in the gallery and please stop by the other DT blogs and see how they used the sketch...

Melissa





5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and I love that background! Great work for TSOT - thanks for also sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the black and white pop against the pretty pastel dsp. I like the belated birthday sentiment - I also need a few of those in my stash. Wonderful job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful background paper, really looks fabulous with the black and white. So glad you joined us over at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful soft color and patterned paper in your background, and it really makes your focal point pop. Love the variety of the checker board squares and floral in your focal point and the sending sentiment placement is perfect for your birthday sentiment. Thanks for sharing your beautiful DT card and personality with us at Double Trouble and hope you come back and play along with future fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a striking card, Melissa! I especially like the black and white combination for the focal point along with that shiny sentiment. Adding the sweet flowers was a great touch as well. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete