Sunday, March 17, 2024

Thank You for Sunday Stamps

 Something about grabbing a good book and a cup of coffee or tea and curling up in a comfy piece of furniture and relaxing for a little down time! Well that is exactly what I thought of when I saw this new die set from Spellbinders. This card was made for the new color challenge over at the  Sunday Stamps blog. Checkout the inspiration below...



How pretty right? Normally for a color challenge, the first thing I do is pick out cardstock of all the colors in the photo. Then I select my stamp set or die cut set and go from there. And that is exactly what I did with this challenge. I had my colors and knew I wanted to use the new March stitched die set called Read & Sip. Checkout my card below...


My first plan was to put all the die cut images on an all white background so everything would stand out but the white pages of the book got lost. I had recently picked up some rustic looking wood DSP and tried that...Perfect! Loved the soft colors against the rough wood texture.


I used neutral beiges for the foliage to keep with the rustic look, added a TY sentiment and a few rhinestones and this card is done!


Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to visit the other DT blogs and see how they made use of the colors...hope to see you in the gallery...by for now!

Melissa





2 comments:

  1. Melissa, this is just charming!! I love the background...the die cut posies, and the pile of books...PERFECTION!! Your card is great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new "Easter Bounty" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! #SSC331

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the details on these diecuts -- so adorable! I always love a tea cup full of flowers.

    ReplyDelete