Sunday, March 3, 2024

With Deepest Sympathy For SSC-330

 Hello and welcome. It is time for a new sketch challenge over at the Sunday Stamps blog. The Hostess this round is our newest team member Laurie! Check out the sketch below...



And here is my interpretation...




As you can see, I took creative liberty with the sketch. I used a delicate floral die cut for the rectangle panel, I moved the panel from behind to the front because it just worked with the openness of the floral die. The die comes with little matching flowers to glue on to the sprigs & branches to add color or give dimension. But, I used a punch flower I cut bend petals for added dimension. For the 3 tails at the top, I extended the flowers to look like they are being carried away on a light breeze. I also choose all white for an overall soft look.



I added tiny pearls to the flower centers and sentiment panel and that completes this all white card. I like to keep sympathy cards on the simple side. Sometimes I find condolence cards challenging to make like masculine cards where I don't want to go over the top or use many layers or blingy embellishments. 

Thank you for stopping by and be sure to check out the other DT blogs so you can be inspired to join in this challenge. Hope to see you in the gallery!

Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous white on white!! I am so loving this take on our sketch...the embossing and the die cut flowers...PERFECTION!! Such great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new "Raise the Flags" sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! #SSC330

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white on white and what a wonderful take on the sketch. Those flowers are a creative take on the flags - love how you positioned them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the die-cut on the white background is subtle and dramatic. Lovely, understated card, and very suitable for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete