Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Ephemera Hello Friend for TSOT

 Hello again and welcome! This posting is for the new sketch challenge over at the Try a Sketch On Tuesday blog. It's challenge #641 and I hope you will join in on this new challenge! See the Sketch below...



And here is my card...


I did have fun with this one. I did use a lot of creative freedom and I think sometimes you need to and not always follow the sketch to a T. It's always good to challenge yourself as a card maker and sometimes step out of our "safe" or comfort zone. I love vintage and well loved things and that's what draws me to Ephemera and the vintage look. I swapped out the rectangle on the Slimline card with a line of ephemera items and just love the look. I still thought the flowers worked well so I use Red for a pop of color and to move that color throughout the card. I also use Red for my logo and my Dymo label maker which again keeps that vintage look which I was going for. 


It was a challenge photographing all the cards I made today because of the dreary overcast day here in Florida. I added a few shiny gold flat dots and this card is ready for my stash. I hope you get a chance to stop by the other DT blogs and see how they used the sketch...hope to see what you made in the gallery...bye for now...

Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Great card, Melissa! I agree that sketches should be about creative freedom. What a great idea to decorate the narrow panel of the card with such pretty elements. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute - a very different take of the sketch. Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, OMG, this immediately grabbed my attention! IT IS GORGEOUS! Love the art journal look.
    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete