Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Birthday Wishes

 Hello and welcome! This card is for the new sketch challenge over at       Try A Sketch On Tuesday. You can check out the new sketch pic below...




And here is my interpretation of the sketch...


When I buy stamp sets, I look at the longevity of the images. Is this a classic set that I can use for a few years? If it's fad-ish...do I want to spend the money on a short term look? I usually will buy lots of floral/flower, nature/botanical looks. As with this set, Butterfly Basics by Stampin Up! It was made in 2015 and to me it looks just as relevant today as some of the newer stamp sets. I used the beautiful fern frond as the rectangular in the sketch and stamped off near it so it would have a layered soft look. And again, LOL, I need HB cards for the stash. The little round postage stamp adds a little whimsy and I chose a very neutral color palette. 




Thanks so much for stopping by. Please be sure to stop by the other DT members blogs to see what they did with the sketch. And I hope to see you in the gallery... bye for now...

Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of the sketch - fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you used the fern and stamp off for the dimension and softness... beautifully done. Again, almost everyone in this challenge have used old stuff from the stash, wonder why we still buy more... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on how you look at buying stamp sets! This one is a keeper and can be used so many different ways. Love what you did with it on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete