Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Use Colors Red & Green

  I have experimented over the years with differnet colors when decorating for Christmas but I still go back to the traditional colors of RED & GREEN. There is something comforting, cozy and familiar with the colors that I hardly vary from. That is the challenge focus this month at Sparkles Christmas Challenge and I am the challenge hostess. 




My jolly snowman was done with a 5 layer stencil. Have you tried the layered stencils? I am now offically hooked! I had purchased a few but just put them in my stash of stencils and didn't bother playing around at first. I needed a specific theme for a card challenge and rememebered I had one that would fit the bill and wonderd why I waited so long to try them! Now there are layered stencils with matching dies for a more 3D/Layered look but I haven't gone there yet!


Here you can see the 5 different stencils and the colors I choose and also the different intensity of colors of how I applied the colors. I didn't have a color blending brush in black, so I used a navy blue ink I have because It's so dark that it looks black when applied with a heavy hand.


So much fun! I really enjoy using these stencils and I received a new one and will be posting for our sister challenge Make My Monday for the October 5th challenge. 
You have a whole month to think about an decide how you are going to use colors RED & GREEN, looking forward to seeing to seeing what you come up with! See you later..

Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment