Sunday, September 15, 2024

Love & Joy

 

Hello! It's time for another challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Check out the tag sketch below...




I have seen cards made with a tag as the center feature but I have just never made one myself. But for this sketch, I am going to follow the layout as is...no, really I am 😂  I had the tag die in mind but what to put on the tag...I then thought of this sweet little Gingerbread Man I got last year and he fit. I took Crumb Cake CS and blended Chocolate Chip ink to make brown CS which worked great and placed him on an older Christmas dotted DSP. But it needed something more. I cut out a few holly sprigs and placed those behind Ginger and that did it!. I placed all this on a tone on tone Real Red base I had dry embossed for some texture. Then I cut a few stars out of rose gold glitter paper and placed them like dot embellishments and tied the super fine jute bow. I then white heat embossed the Love & Joy sentiment which fit nicely on the tag.





I think the card looks pretty good for my first "tag" card. It was pretty easy to do and I may add this style to my regular rotation...



 
Thanks for popping by to take a look. I hope you will join in with us this round for this fun sketch challenge. And please stop by the other DT blogs to see how they used the sketch! See you next time, bye for now..

Melissa





3 comments:

  1. Sweetness!! What a great job inspiring those who decide to play along with our "put a bow on it" sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! I love that you used this sketch to get into the holiday spirit...that gingerbread man is adorable!! #SSC344

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I just LOVE this beautiful card. All that red makes me smile! Your little gingerbread boy is precious. All the holly and pretty stars are perfect to showcase this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I just had to come say I LOVE this card, lol - and then I find out this is your first tag card?? You NAILED it! So completely adorable, and it's making me smile fit to break my face, lol. Cutest ever!

    ReplyDelete