Monday, February 20, 2023

HB to You!

 Hello again! Another post here for TRY STAMPIN ON TUESDAY challenge blog #595 with an option to add stripes. See the sketch below...



and here is my card...



I went through a lot of my stamp sets about a year ago and donated a lot, but I kept the one's I really loved or that I thought were kind of classics that would always be "in" and I think this is one of them. It's Good Morning Magnolia by SU! I live in Florida so to me Magnolia's will always be in style! I heat embossed the Magnolia flower on water color paper in metallic gold, then use my inks to "water color" the images. I like heat embossing when I water color, I feel it gives the image a good boarder and doesn't run. I was trying to figure out how to use the optional stripes with this challenge when I ran into this classic B&W DSP in my stash and used that. I couldn't find a sentiment that was just the right size so I created one with my label maker. 


So I place my magnolias on the striped base when I realize I forgot a layer to the sketch!! So I pieced together what looks like the outline of a rectangle and carefully placed it around the already placed images and it all came together! A few placed champagne rhinestones and this card is ready for the mail! Thanks for stopping by and please stop by the other DT ladies blogs so you can see the beauties they created!

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous coloring of those fabulous flowers. Love how you used the striped DSP in the background.

    ReplyDelete