Sunday, February 18, 2024

Ephemera for Sunday Stamps

 Hello and Welcome! This post is for the new color challenge over at the SUNDAY STAMPS blog. I have always appreciate vintage and antiques and ephemera. But over the past year, I have dabbled more in Ephemera in my card making. The definition of Ephemera: paper items such as tickets, posters, broadsides(advertisements) meant to be discarded but have now since become collectibles. So I have since gathered "replica" ephemera and started playing around for my papercraft. So, with that being said, I have included some pieces in my card for the new challenge at Sunday Stamps. See the beautiful moody(rich hues) colors below..



And here is my card...


Colors I have used are, Plum, Black, Craftpaper Brown & Gray. I used White as my neutral. I have included old newspaper, vintage images, advertisement tickets, floral & fauna. I corrugated the Craft Paper and rubbed white paint to soften and age. Then I splattered dark brown paint (because I didn't have black) and added gold metallic paint to the plum flower petals. I oval cut the replica newspaper and laid those first and then started layering the rest. It was very dreary here when I took the photo so I tried to capture the look and colors the best I could at the time.


Thank you so much for stopping and taking a look. I hope you will visit the other DT blogs and see how they interpreted the colors...hope to see you in the SSC Gallery. Bye for now...

Melissa

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! You have me wanting to get out my paper corrugator that is buried somewhere in my stash!! Fantastic take, with all those pieces and parts, on our new color palette over at Sunday Stamps!! You are sure to inspire those who decide to play along with our "Harbinger of Spring" challenge. #SSC329

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love all the elements you put together and the little details like the gold on the plum colored flowers and the white on the corrugated kraft base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your interpretation of the mood board - those plum colors look wonderful with the neutrals on this. Love all the ephemra you used on this too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Melissa, this is such a gorgeous collage card with such wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete