Sunday, July 21, 2024

For Sunday Stamps Challenge 340

 Hello! It's Sunday again and that means it's time for a brand new challenge over on the Sunday Stamps blog. This time around, it's a very interesting sketch challenge by our wonderful Annette. Check the image below...


And my interpretation...




So as you can see...I did take creative liberty with the sketch :0...and  I'm calling this Vintage Grunge! There are A LOT of layers to the front of the card done with Extra Heavy CS so I will add to the interior card to help balance. I used a distressed gray plank paper for the vertical rectangles of the sketch. I layered that on a very dark charcoal gray so the plank CS looked a little softer. I used a decorate edge on the horizontal band that ended up covered a little more than planned because I bumped up the size of the feature rectangle to back the beautiful Tim Holtz Wildflower dies-love these!! I layered those beauties on vintage look dictionary paper which I distressed along with most of the papers.  

 

A few ephemera pieces and shiny gold dots and a Happy Birthday sentiment, and this card is finished for the HB card stash.


Thanks again for stopping by and taking a look.  Be sure to stop by the other SSC DT blogs and see how they interpreted this very interesting sketch!

See you soon-

Melissa

 


1 comment:

  1. The vintage feel of your card is so lovely, and the use of the wood paneling is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete