Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Happy Birthday for TSOT #653

Hello & Welcome! It's challenge time! It's time for a new sketch challenge over at Try A Sketch On Tuesday(TSOT) See the fun image below...


 

 And this is what I did with it...

                


I have been wanting to play around with this set since it arrived! Once I saw the sketch for challenge #653, I grabbed these dies! This is a stitching die set but as you can see, you can use it as a punched die set and still have a great look. The only thing I will do differently next time is, texturize the embroidery base first with an embossing folder so it doesn't look so flat. I did go back and blend a little after the card was put together but texture next time would be better I think.




 Here's a close up of the flowers and all their detail. I have more ideas for this very pretty set for future cards. Glad you stopped by and be sure to head over to the other TSOT DT blogs and see how they used this fun sketch. Hope to see what you made in the gallery!

Melissa

 

5 comments:

  1. Bright and beautiful card, Melissa! The die-cut images are perfect against the blue accents. I think the texture is most effective..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super pretty with the flowers around the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I love your bright birthday card! The blue in the background seems to make the flowers pop! I can see why you were excited to get them out and start playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, OMG, love these diecuts and is that a better press sentiment?

    -- Dalis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful... love the texture in the background and the florals. Bold colors and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete