Sunday, June 23, 2024

Happy Birthday for SSC338

 It's Sunday and that means it's time for a new challenge over at the Sunday Stamps Challenge. This time it's a sketch and it's brought to you by Amy. See the graphic below...




And here's what I did with the sketch...




I'm funny in the way that I don't usually run out and buy the hottest selling stamp sets when they first come out and, it's no exception with this set called Artistically Inked from 2021! It's retired and I bought the die set on super clearance. After using the beautiful dies, I decided I wanted the matching stamp set so I searched the internet for the stamp set and found a very good, practically new set on Ebay. I recently started seeing this set used on different platforms and it caught my attention so I was very surprised when I found out it was from 2021 😆.




I selected a bright, sunny color combo for the card and placed the main die over the stamped images. That die is my favorite part of the bundle and is what drew me to the set. I then dry brushed the embossed background with white acrylic paint to age it and show the texture. I placed the postage dies cut images on top of that and added the HB sentiment. I added clear sequins to the centers of the flowers to add a little shine. This card is done and ready for my ever dwindling stash...

Thanks for stopping by. Please be sure to stop by the other DT blogs to see how they used the sketch. Bye for now...

Melissa






1 comment:

  1. So so pretty...I love the die cut laid over the stamped images!! Beautiful inspiration for all those who will play along with our new “Feelin Sketchy” challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! #SSC338

    ReplyDelete