Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Thank You for TSOT #652

       Hello and welcome to my blog for the latest sketch challenge over at...Try A Sketch on Tuesday. This sketch is very interesting and I can't wait to see what everyone does with. See the sketch below...




And here is what I did with it:



What a fun sketch to play around with! I decided to play around with the diagonal bars that back the main image of the sketch. I started these beautiful leafy vines. I cut them out in green then splattered them with paint to add some interest. I then cut a rectangle frame out of new/old news print. Then I had to play around with the layout so you could still the the frame but also see the lovely v
leafy vines..



I then found these beautiful ephemera butterflies that went with the over all look. I gold heat embossed the sentiment and added tiny black flowers with champagne rhinestone centers for a drama...lol! This card came together well but after I was done with it, I started to doubt my choice of the vines...but I'm going to stay with it! Please checkout the other DT cards and see how they used the sketch. Hope to see what you made in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by. See you again sometime...

Melissa




4 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch using the leaves and open frame to be able to see them more fully than the sketch. Beautiful floral and card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunningly beautiful card! I love the vines and the rich, muted color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! The greenery used to represent the lines behind the image is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and imaginative take on the sketch, Melissa! I am loving this elegant card.

    ReplyDelete